How to change the package name?
You can change it easily from Android Studio. Here are the steps: You can change it easily from Android Studio. Here are the steps:
- In the Android pane, click on the little gear icon.Uncheck/Deselect the Compact Empty Middle Packages option.
- Your package directory will now be broken up in individual directories.
- Individually select each directory you want to rename, and: Right-click it Select Refactor Click on Rename In the Pop-up dialog.
- Click on Rename Package instead of Rename Directory Enter the new name and hit Refactor Allow a minute to let Android Studio update all changes.
- Now open your build.gradle (Usually ‘app’ or ‘mobile’). Update the applicationId to your Package Name and Sync Gradle, if it hasn’t already been updated automatically.
- Note: When renaming com in Android Studio, it might give a warning. In such case, select Rename All.