What Is About & Why We Use
7Zip is basically developed for compressing the files. Now the question arises why we need to compress files? And what are its benefits? In order to save the hard drive space, we need to compress the files/data. And resultantly less space is used in order to store those files. 7Zip reduces the size of files and this makes file transfer easier and fast as it is easier to transfer small size file.
There are many software’s available in the market for compression purposes. But the best software providing the best compression without loss of any data is 7Zip.
Advantages of 7Zip:
7Zip is free software available for compression. The compression ratio of 7Zip is 2-10% high as compared to other software available in the market.7Zip is available in different languages. It is an open source program It can compress word documents up to 90% from the original size. The speed of compression and decompression is much higher than other programs. The code size for decompression is very small that is only 5KB. And the memory required for decompression is also very small as the code size is small.
How to Use & tips
In order to use 7Zip you need to follow these steps:
- First of all download and install 7Zip through the links given below according to your system.
- After installation, you can know compress of decompressing your files quickly.
- In order to compress any file, right click on that particular file.
- In the options menu, you will see an option of “7Zip”.
- Click on 7Zip and your selected files will be compressed perfectly.
- And if you want to decompress the file simply open the compressed file with WinZip and unzip the files in your required location.
- If you are sending the 7Zip file to anyone then, in this case, the recipient should also have 7Zip installed.
For Windows 32-bit System:
For Windows 64-bit System:
WINRAR VS 7zip vs WinZip
Winzip & 7Z are free but WinRar has 30 days trial. (after that it ask you to buy but works, just like a sublime text editor)
Winzip: windows owned default software enables you compress unzip zip files not.RAR files.
7Z: compresses extension with .7z (if you want)
windows default zip:
Verdicts: if you compress yourself no problem if another one sends you RAR zip file or .7z file you need that software in some cases however 7zip software also compress & decompress in RAR format.
- 7zip >> 24.4% reduction.
- WinRAR >> 21.0% reduction
- WinZIP >>18.3% reduction
- Windows 10 Default zip >> 17.6% reduction. (Source from live results on youtube)