What is about & why we use
Appache open office is a software suite used for presentations, spreadsheets, word processing, databases and graphics. It is an open-source software and can be downloaded free of cost for any puropse. It is available in a number of languages and is compatible with all common computers. It took almost twenty years of software engineering to devleop this software. It is currently used in education institutes, businesses, governments etc. It was released on 2018-11-18.
How to use & tips
- First, go to the official website of apache open office. It is already free so you do not have to choose any payment method.
- You can choose your operating system, the language you want and the version of open office at the download page.
- You can also download the language pack from the official website as well.
- After the download is completed, go to the download location and start the installer, start the installer and select the directory where you want it to be installed.
- Once installed, you can create, save and edit documents through open office.
- You can toggle between overwrite and insert mode by pressing the insert key on the keyboard.
- To check the number of words and characters in your documents, go to File, then go to Properties, and then click on
- To check the number of words and characters in a specific block of text, select the text and then click on Word Count in the Tools
- We can make several copies of an object with little changes such as different colours or rotation by using the Duplication