Digital ocean vs Google cloud pricing
Google cloud products
- Compute Engine
- App Engine
- Cloud Storage
- Cloud Bigtable
- Cloud Dataproc
- Compute Engine Standard Intel N1 1 VCPU running in Americas: 359.117 Hours $17.96
- Compute Engine High CPU Intel N1 4 VCPU running in APAC: 383.933 Hours $64.50
- 4 Vcpu @2.50GHZ 3.60GB Memory 384/24 = 16 days only got billed $64.50
- monthly pricing for 4cpu 3.60 RAM VM $85.84 Preemptible price 24.95$
- Network Internet Egress
- Load balancing
- network operations
- every other serivce you charged separately on the monthly bill along with VM machine rent.
Hosting WordPress on google cloud
We can install it directly from google launcher app>> WordPress install it.
But the traditional way to install lamp on Google cloud and then install the WordPress from Linux command line.
Root password disabled for google cloud. you can only login by SSH client putty or WinSCP, google cloud SDK tool. or directly from command line from the browser.
You can reserve a static IP address by clicking ephemeral IP address type on the VM instance.
– Install WordPress.
– Fill out a Deployment form, noting down your WordPress credentials.
– Enjoy your new WordPress site!
https://www.elegantthemes.com/blog/tips-tricks/how-to-install-wordpress-on-google-cloud-and-why-thats-awesomehttp://www.compoundtheory.com/migrating-my-blog-to-google-cloud-platform/Getting an IP Address to Point Name servers
Management, disk, networking, access & security options, and select Networking
Google Compute engine
Create project>> API Manager > Library>> Google Cloud APIs section>> Cloud Deployment Manager API.>>cloud launcher>>wordpress>>
After installation use WordPress Export/Import data as XML which includes posts, pages, comments,
for the theme, you have to use SSH
TraNSFER FILES https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/instances/transfer-files
Autoscaling In google cloud Load balancing:
- High CPU
- High Memory
- Standard Resources