cloud hosting price comparison & top providers
n2 standard vm
t2.xlarge reserved vm
|digital ocean||Bluehost cloud||cloudways||Linoode|
|vCPU cores & speed||4 CPU @2.5GHZ||4 email@example.com||4 vCPU||4 vCPU||4 vCPu||4 vCPU|
|Storage||10GB SSD Price @ 1.7$ per month||per gb price||80GB SSD||120 GB||80Gb||96GB|
|Data Transfer / bandwidth||1GB @0.7||same||5 TB||2TB||5TB||4TB|
Dedicated vs VPS Hosting vs cloud hosting
lets you first go through PS hosting
an Ps plan giens 4 cores, 4gb 4am , 120GB SSD, Bandwidth limit of 4TB.
RAM should be docube than cpu cores.
Not needed 120GB, needed only 20GB.
Apache server consumes more memory than nginx. PS managed serer.
just highend resources than PS but same managed hosting. they give root access. some plans not in ps.
again there is no more customization. monthly / annual billings.
Cloud hosting platform
Easy to create /deploy virtual machines & destroy the same.
Customization resources RAM,CPU cores, SSD or hdd,
Customization of softwares Nginx,ubuntu, apache etc
Iaas Infrastructure as Service Need a sysadmin. or go for managed hosting.
you may wonder by billing of cloudplatform.
- cpu cores
Example: 2 cores 4GB RAM 30GB SSD, Bandwidth billing google N2 Standard instance costing me $50.
save google cloud billing with cloudflare free cdn. Cloudflare + Google Cloud Platform
reduction in bandwidth and up to 75% savings on egress pricing
Also read google cloud pricing
Managed hosting vs Managed wordpress hosting
Managed hosting inloes ust taking care of server related issues,
Ex: ps,dedicated and shared hosting providers
If any errors occur with CMS or application level they don’t provide services. that’s where managed wp hosting exists.
Managed wordpress hosting
as of now eery hosting provider has managed wp hosting, early wp engine
kinsta billing is per request ust like CDN – Content delivery network
Kinsta uses google cloud platform as (iass) + software = managed wordpress hosting (Saas – Software as service).
Free hosting not always free, its a promotional trick,
However google’s blogspot platform free for blogs.
Google’s cloud platform free trials with $300 credit 1 year validity.
Digitalocean free trial with 100$
Alibaba cloud 300$ to 1000$ credit
Amazon cloud always free policy
top 10 cloud hosting providers
Checking company history reviews helpful rather than pricing.
my advice is, go with the digital ocean for mid-development & small business companies. if you want to spend &100 hosting, for large companies recommend google cloud and amazon if the hosting budget is $$$$ in the month.
All are unmanaged cloud hosting services except Cloudways.
I don’t know kinsta cloud hosting powered by google cloud.
Check out my experience with google cloud.
Note Auto scaling & load balancing charges separately.
KInsta Hosting price: it’s a managed WordPress hosting company 100$ like wp engine 5gb SSD, 50GB Bandwidth.
SHared hosting comparison
why pay $100 or $50 per month, why don;t $10 or $5 by Sharing same resources,
Problem: limited resources, not controlling the resources usage,
The limits per account designed in whm cpanel almost every shared hosting server uses apache server which is supported by cpanel.
you must read shared hosting limitation beyond unlimited.
if your site has less traffic, better to starts with shared hosting.
Hostgator; 0.01$ for 1st month only (1 penny coupon),
- Bluehost; 3.95$ only 1 website, 5.95$ for multiple websites on 36 months contract.
- Siteground; Go geek, big (10,25k visits),
- Dreamhost: $8 for month 1 year.
- Hosting Raja, 99,200, 300 plans for 3 years, 1 year it cost 240 excluding tax, 14% 3400, Android app 2800= 1 month 220 like that, 10 websites, Ram
- Fastweb host: 200INR 200*6 months 1200 including taxes 14% on total bill host 5+1 domains, 2400/annum 300/unlimited 100/1web.
- Leapswitch; 275 for month for 5 websites
- Microhost: 1gb ram 1 domain 840, 200/m 3 websites, 300/m unlimited websites 3600/month.WordPress: 1 web, 3 web, 201 unlimited;300 Linux: 1 web 95, 3 web 165, unlimited;230.Godaddy: 150/m, 350/m 1 domain annual plan managed hosting 300/m deluxe unlimited websites, 500 2, sites, 800 5 websites,
- Godaddy: 150/m, 350/m 1 domain annual plan managed hosting. 300/m deluxe unlimited websites, 500 2, sites, 800 5 websites,
- 1 and 1 800 INR /12M , 1$ 20 dbs,5$ sitelock unlimited,10$ Sitelock,SSL 2gb guaranteed ram. Not mentioned websites limit. Lots of bad reviews there online.Managed wp; 1$ 1 website unlimited, visitors, $5 5 websites, 10$ unlimited websites,
- Ipage, unlimited websites but limited resources, no cpanel, vdesk 1.85$ month.
- Hostgator India 222 unlimited websites@ 5 years, single 355, 455 for baby plan, 675 SSL 7 dedicated Professional.
- Hostsmart, 60 1 web, 90 4web, 240 10 websites,
- Godaddy managed deluxe 300*12=3600 (single website)
- Godaddy starter 99 or 150*12= 1800 (single website)
- Hosting raja 240*12 =2880+domain (320) + taxes (14.5%) = 3000
- Fastwebhost 200 *12= 2400 +taxes 14.5% = 2400+360=2760
- One & one hosting : $11.98 for single domain managed: 800 INR (promo)
- Microhost.com WordPress hosting single domain 840 INR promo
All of the websites are not so popular.
All the plans are promotional one year based plans. for renewal price will be double.
let calculate money I spent on hosting for the year.
Instead, of lot shared hosting accounts why don’t I buy a VPS plan (you may think about this)
Few years ago, I bought a VPS plan includes 2 GB RAM 4 CPU cores with 5 websites. one of the website PHP Cron job slowing the server. that VPS COST 3600 for a month. continued for 6 months. changed my idea to host on different servers. Cpanel cost $10 /month look at Cpanel alternatives
Actually, I didn’t notice my hosting expenditure until I reviewed here.
realized we can get shared hosting for the single domain for 1 year 99/m, up to 5 200INR for unlimited 300INR per month.Some of the cheap hosting providers only target business website they even don’t have Cpanel, they offer very cheap 0.01$ for 1st month and renew automatically by using credit card $5-10 dollars monthly.
you may also interested to know Unlimited shared hosting Limits.