HDD VS SSD VS SSHD speed / throughout
|Type||Speed r/w (sequential)||IOPS (random)read (industry level)||iops Random writes||Price 1TB|
|RAM Bandwidth||2400MHZ 24gbps||na||NA||NA|
|SSD nvme||3gbps to 6gbps||check product label||INR 13k to 18K $200|
|SSD SATA||500 mb to||98K*||90K*||inr 10K $130|
|HDD||100-160 mb/s||100-400 IOPS||INR 2000 or $50|
Things to check before buying a SSD
- Old PC or Laptops SATA Protocol 2.5 Or 3 (Ex Sata 2.5 SSD at 500Mbps actually giers 200Mbps lower version protocol)
- Is your PC / laptop supports Nvme Protocol
- M.2 slot Protocol sata or nme
- when buying m.2 SSD check whether it Sata or nvme
- SSHD not good instead try SSD and HDD
- installing SSD as 2nd drive in laptop in dd drive slot (check the Caddy tray size 9 or 12mm)
SSD Throughput, Latency and IOPS
SSD types SATA vs M.2 SATA vs M.2 NVMe
Comparing IOPS for SSDs and HDDs
HDD vs SSD vs SSHD Price
|SSD||256 gb||2.2 to 3.k||480 gb 4k|
|SSHD||1 tb||6 to 7k||4000 inr *|
|HDD||1tb||2.5 to 4k||2-3k|
ssd vs hdd reliability
How to use HDD & SSD Together in laptop & desktop
use 2nd Laptop CD ROM to insert 2nd HDD.
for this buy ssd with hard drive caddy for laptop
SATA 2nd 2.5” Hard Drive Caddy For 12.7mm :
SATA 2nd 2.5” Hard Drive Caddy For 9.5 mm :
for this find dvd drive height: go device manager >> find dvd model>> search specs.
Clone c drive which has windows pre installed, using mini partition tool wizard software
Go to bios settings select primary boot device as ssd.
after boot up format hdd data.
use ssd for regular application, hdd for storing movies and files. if you are using edit purpose make sure to bring to ssd for faster read & writes.
Please comment! so i can update it regularly.