windows 10 password reset
windows 10 forgot password but remember pin?
- 1: make sure you logged in present as admin.
2. go to users create another admin
- log into 2nd admin then reset the password for 1st admin. without entering old password
- for that we have run cmd as administrator.
- type this command control userpasswords2
- then the user and click on reset password. then enter new password or leave it blank to no password
Rest passwords in windows 10 using pin
type net user (to see current mircorsoft accounts)
net user HP Newpassword2
2nd: resetting windows 10 password without login no password or pin
for this on windows password screen
press shift icon and then restart
it will go to advance system options
Windows 10, before version 1803
Press the Shift key while you select the Power button > Restart in the lower-right corner of the screen.
On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC.
Select Remove everything.
not recommend bust easy (just reset the windows 10 files may or may not lost and old password may not ask for this)
1.1 method 100% works but some difficult
Rest windows 10 password with microsoft account
if your linked with microsoft account
you can do it like android password, just enter email password to reset.
reset with bootable flash drive /windows os on cd or usb drive
1. Entering to Advanced options or automatic repair mode
// forcing hard turn off 2 times also gives you this option.
- Use flash drive or shift key + restart
select )press any key to boot from CD. (you may change primary boot disk usb or cd rom)
Start the computer with a Windows boot disk.
- Select «System Restore» in the first window with the «Install» button.
- Select Troubleshoot / Advanced options / Command prompt in the next window.
- Click on the menu item Command prompt.
- In the window that opens, type in:
2. Changing ease of Access to Command Prompt window
cd system 32
d:// windows/system32// ren utilman.exe utilman2.exe (here you are renaming utility manger for later revert it back)
copy cmd.exe utilman.exe
- copy с:\windows\system32\cmd.exe с:\windows\system32\utilman.exe
- Ease of Access button or with the help of Win + U key combination.
3. resetting password of old windows Admin account
- in Command prompt
- type control userpasswords2
- better way a popup windows apres select the account
2nd way for command line users (not recommended) chiang windows 10 password in command line
- Enter the command net user to show all users of this computer.
- Enter the command net user name password or t and rest password.
ex: net user Admin Newpassword2
net user HP Newpassword2
Remove password using command line windows 10
net user hp * (entner twice for blank password )
Faqs Resetting windows 10
tried renaming utilman and it’s saying “the system cannot find the drive specified”
so you may tried in the drive / folder that not has windows install files.
for checking we have to go to drive then execute dir commands.
ex: entering to d drive d: (press enter)
then type dir (to see directory list)
hen I try to rename the utilman file…I get the message “The file cannot be accessed by the system”…..How do I resolve this ?