Keyboard shortcuts Windows operating system,
Shortcut Keys for Windows 10
This guide lists shortcut keys that you can use from the desktop in Windows 10.
|Open and close the Startmenu.
|+1, +2, etc.
|Switch to the desktop and launch the nth application in the taskbar. For example, +1 launches whichever application is first in the list, numbered from left to right.
|Open the action center.
|Highlight the notification area.
|Launch Cortana into listening mode. Users can begin to speak to Cortana immediately
|Switch betweenShow Desktop (hides/shows any applications and other windows) and the previous state.
|Switch to the desktop and launch FileExplorer with the Quick Accesstab displayed.
|Open the Share charm.
|Open the Settingsapp.
|Open the Connect pane to connect to wireless displays and audio devices.
|Lock the device and go to the Lock screen.
|Switch to the desktop and minimize all open windows.
|Lock device orientation.
|Open the Projectpane to search and connect to external displays and projectors.
|Displaythe Run dialog box.
|Launch Cortana. Users can begin to type a query immediately.
|Cycle through the apps on the taskbar.
|Launch the Ease of Access Center.
|Cycle through notifications.
|Open the advanced menu in the lower-left corner of the screen.
|Open the app-specific command bar.
|Switch input language and keyboard layout.
|Open Task view.
|Peek at the desktop.
|Dock the active window to the left half of the monitor.
|Dock the active window to the right half of the monitor.
|Maximize the active windowvertically and horizontally.
|Restore or minimize the active window.
|Maximize the active window vertically, maintaining the current width.
|Restore or minimize the active window vertically, maintaining the current width.
|With multiple monitors, move the active window to the monitor on the left.
|With multiple monitors, move the active window to the monitor on the right.
|Minimize all nonactive windows; restore on second keystroke.
|Take a picture of the screen and place it in the Computer>Pictures>Screenshots folder.
|Switch to the next or previous virtual desktop.
|Create a new virtual desktop.
|Close the current virtual desktop.
|Launch the Windows Feedback App.
For more information
Microsoft IT Showcase Productivity
 If Cortana is unavailable or disabled, this shortcut has no function.
Cortana is only available in certain countries/regions, and some Cortana features might not be available everywhere. If Cortana is unavailable or disabled, this command opens Search.
- windows I on or start button+R to run a program.
- To open cmd press start button+R and enter cmd
- To open command prompt.3shutdown/restart by keyboard Alt+f4,
- Start button+D to open desktop even if the computer in, not responding status,
- To open task manager press CTRL +SHIFT +ESC ,
- To close an unresponsive program open task manager and see not responding status message close the application,
- ALT+Space bard
- Windows button +L to lock screen
Browser shortcuts Mozilla Firefox, Chrome
- CTRL+D, to bookmarks
- CTRL+ L to select location of Address bar
- to search quickly on google or default search engine press CTRL+K, to open add-ons to disable or remove
- press CTRL+ SHIFT+A.
- CTRL +S save HTML document
- CTRL+ N to open a window,
- CTRL+T to add a new tab,
- CTRL+W to close a tab
- CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE to erase history
- CTRL++ to zoom the document minus to decrease and
- CTRL+O to reset zoom in Mozilla Firefox.
Msword keyboard shortcuts
- CTRL+ N to open a new ms word.
- CTRL+ S to save the document,
- CTRL SHIFT A to capital all small words typed already
- CTRL += to superscript
- CTRL +- to subscript.
MS Exel Shortcuts
- CRTL+D = To Drag
- Filter: CRTL+SHIFT+ EQUAL
- Special paste:
- SUM IF